If you have found a lost, unidentified pet or lost your pet, take several actions immediately:
- Call or text the Association president, Paul Brickman, cell: 410-598-6036 to alert him of your situation and email him your contact info, including cell phone numbers and the pet’s description and PHOTO, to: Velvet.email@example.com. We will send an email blast to all residents who have provided their email addresses to the Neighborhood Association.
Post your descriptions on several websites that are dedicated to broadcasting lost and found pets. Thes include:
- NextDoor.com via “POST”: Enroll in Nextdoor Caves Valley and POST a description and photo, https://cavesvalley.nextdoor.com
- FidoFinder: fidofinder.com/lost-dogs-maryland.php
- Baltimore County Animal Services:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-887-PAWS (7297); staff available seven days a week. Stray pets will be held at least three days and will not be euthanized. They pick up stray dogs.
- PawBoost www.pawboost.com/
- MD SPCA www.mdspca.org/shelter-programs/lost-found/
- Facebook www.facebook.com/Lost-and-Found-Pets-Baltimore-County-City-1743662442520048/
- For the Love of Louie (FB) www.facebook.com/fortheloveoflouiebaltimoremaryland/
- Veterinarian: For an untagged found animal, bring it to a nearby veterinarian who can scan for an inserted chip that identifies the owner.
- Provide food and water to the animal, as well as appropriate shelter.
- If not already, order a tag for your pet with your name, cell phone number and address— now, before you forget.